Nine months ago I made a huge change in my diet and switched to being Vegan, however since thenI have gained a ton of weight (not literally, but it sure feels like it). I am just not happy, and the scale just keeps going up! That is why I decided that this April, I am going to do a 30 day Health Challenge. No, that does not mean I am going to drink only lemon water and eat carrot sticks for a month, it means I am going to be changing my lifestyle.
It takes 30 days to create a habit, and I really want this healthy choice to be a lifestyle for me. Why don’t you join me, I need a buddy or two or ten to motivate me and keep me going. Its only 30 days, and you know you’ve always wanted to do this.
Here is a simple list of goals I am setting for myself, but you can make your own:
- Make healthy choices when eating (stick to a preplanned menu)
- Workout everyday for (at least 30 mins)
- Drink plenty of water
- Yoga! Yoga and more Yoga!
- Go to bed by 10pm
Simple right? I also found some awesome blogs and Apps that I will be using to get workout ideas and meal plans:
- Blogilates: Cassey Ho has some interesting Workout Videos and Meal plans to try. I like the idea of taking a few minutes away from my desk and trying one of her 5 minute workouts. She also has 30 day challenges which I might take on.
- Yoga Studio App: I love this App! You can pick from one of their dozens of preset classes, or you can make your own. And you can’t beat the price!
- Inspiring on Social Media: A few of my favorite accounts to follow are @FrankMedrano @chemese, @beachgirlyoga , @kinoyoga (they have an April Yoga Challenge)
- Run Keeper is my running app of choice. Friend me (jerseygirl623) if you are on it too =)
- Turbofire DVD collection of workout routines
If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them, just leave a message in the comments.
So are you in? Let me know by leaving your commitment in the Comments! What will you do for 30 days?!?! Then… follow me on Twitter and Instagram @juliebeltonart. Use the hashtag #30days4health so we can keep track and cheer each other on!